Empowered Me is locally owned and has been providing world class self-empowering workshops for over five years. Empowered Me and its workshop leader’s positive impact on its participants have been recognized through various prestigious awards. We pride ourselves on hosting life changing workshops that empower participants to be the best version of themselves.
If you are looking for a long term future with a small, growing company then come join our winning team!
ABOUT THE JOB
Empowered Me is currently searching for a Part-time Administration/Business Development Assistant who is a team player with strong customer service, a passion for helping others, an inclination to promotion and strong organizational skills.
In this role, you are expected to perform the following responsibilities:
- Scheduling appointments for head facilitator
- Follow-up with clients
- Organize weekend workshops
- Administration of customer data base
- Work with a variety of school boards, mentors, counselors, social workers and community groups to schedule workshops
- Complete monthly bookkeeping and invoicing
- Professional written and verbal communication to clients
- Update website regularly
- Proven general business acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with partners, stakeholders, public, government officials and management
- Excellent negotiating and sales skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving and consensus building skills
- General proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Experience in social marketing, promotions and advertising an asset
- Understanding of challenges and success faced by youth an asset
- Experience with Aboriginal programs an asset
The successful candidate will have a positive attitude and be team orientated. Hours of Work: varies but flexible. Hours may vary and some weekend work may be required. Please note the position is flexible in that you will be working from home.
Applicants must have experience working with children or teachers.
Applicants can submit a covering letter and CV directly to harriet[at]empoweredme[dot]ca.